This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.

Your Feedback

Customer service formWe make every effort to give the best service possible to everyone who attends our practice.

However, we are aware that things can go wrong resulting in a patient feeling that they have a genuine cause for complaint. If this is so, we would wish for the matter to be settled as quickly, and as amicably, as possible.

If you have a complaint or concern about the service you have received from the clinicial or non-clinical staff at the practice, please let us know.  In many cases, the problem can be solved straightaway, and you won’t need to take your complaint any further.


How To Complain

We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned.  If this is not possible and you wish to make a complaint, please inform us as soon as possible – ideally, within a matter of days or at most a few weeks.  This will enable us to establish what happened more easily.  If this is not possible please let us have details of your complaint within 12 months of the incident or of you becoming aware of the problem.

As a first step, you could talk to the practice manager, Jessica Harding:

Telephone - 01538 753114

Email -

Letter - Jessica Harding, Practice Manager, Well Street Medical Centre, Well Street, Cheadle, Stoke-on-Trent, ST10 1EY

Book an appointment - Telephone (01538 753114) or speak to a member of reception

Ideally complaints are made in writing, but if you do make a verbal complaint, a member of staff should record your complaint in writing. They should give you a copy of this written record, or send one to you.


If you don’t feel comfortable talking to your GP or practice manager, you may want to seek advice. NHS England have a complaints team who can advise you on making a complaint. They can be contacted on:

Telephone -   0300 311 22 33 (Monday to Friday, 8am - 6pm, except Wednesdays, 9.30am - 6pm)

Website  - 

Email - (state the subject as 'for the attention of the complaint team')

Letter - NHS England, PO Box 16738, Redditch B97 9PT


You can also get advice about your complaint from:

· your local Patient Advisory Liaison Service (PALS), or

· your local Independent Complaints and Advocacy Service (ICAS).


Complaint to PALS

The Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) provides a confidential service designed to help patients get the most from the NHS. PALS can tell you more about the NHS complaints procedure and may be able to help you resolve your complaint informally.

Telephone  - 0800 030 4563 - there is also a 24 hour answer phone service

Email   -


Complaint to ICAS

Healthwatch Staffordshire's ICAS is a  service that supports people who want to make a complaint about their NHS care or treatment.  Healthwatch Staffordshire's ICAS can be contacted by:

Telephone  - 0800 051 8371 (Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm)

Letter  -  Suite 2, Opus House, Priestly Court, Stafford Technology Park, Stafford ST18 0LQ


What happens next?

Your complaint will be acknowledged within three working days and we will investigate your complaint within a timescale agreed to be mutually reasonable.  We shall then be in a position to offer you an explanation, or a meeting with the people involved.  On investigation we shall aim to:


● Establish what happened and what went wrong;

● Make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned;

● Make sure you receive an apology, where this is appropriate;

● Identify what we can do to avoid the problem recurring.


Complaining on behalf of another patient

Please note that we keep strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality.  If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we have to know that you have their permission to do so. Written consent from the patient will be required (unless there is incapacity through illness).

What happens if you are unhappy with the explanation?

If you have made a complaint to the practice and are unhappy with the explanation, we recommend you contact the PCT or PALS in the first instance.  If you continue to be unhappy with the explanation provided the final recourse is for the complaint to be referred to the Parliamentary and Health Ombudsman who can be contacted by:

Telephone  - Complaints Helpline between 8.30 and 5.30 Monday to Friday Tel:0345 015 4033

Email   -  

Fax   - 0300 061 4000

Letter  - The Parliamentary Health Service Ombudsman, Millbank Tower, Millbank, London, SW1P 4QP


Useful Websites


NHS North

NHS England -

NHS Choices -

Department of Health -

Ombudsman -


Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website